Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Papertrey Princess Challenge #1

I loved the color combo posted by Anya for the first PTI Princess challenge I am participating in. I thought I would mix it up a bit, but still using some sewing elements through out the project. This is the first time I sewed on paper, as you can tell by my crooked lines! While I really like making handcrafted notepads for gifts, it seems like a lot of time an
d effort only to be lost, once the pad runs out of paper. So I decided to sew a panel into the back of the cover, which the pad can be slipped into and replaced with once all the paper is used. I mixed stamps from Daily Design and Take a Note to complete the project. Hope you like it!

Monday, January 25, 2010

PTI January Blog Hop

January Blog Hop

The challenge for this month's blog hop (which is my first) was to create "total package" card. I love PTI's Big and Bold Wishes set and thought this was a good way to use it both inside and outside the card. Both were heat embossed with black embossing powder. For the envelope I used the scroll image from the set. I also heat embossed a mixture of red and glitter embossing powder for the scrolls and attached 2 small vintage buttons to the centers of the images.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Where the Wild Things Are

This is a card inspired by my daughter's favorite book Where the Wild Things Are. The stamp is from My Cute Stamps (Eek! It's A Monster!). They have some great images to use with Copics! The base is PTI enchanted evening.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

January PTI GSS Submission

This is the project I submitted for PTI's January Guest Star Stamper. It is a very easy project and makes wonderful use of your scraps. I basically stamped a sentiment with Mega Mixed Messages, then centered a vintage labels border around it and cut it out with the appropriate Spellbinders Labels one die. I then adhered it to a 3 inch x 1 inch rectangle of paper that was stamped with a Backgrounds Basic (Polka Dots are my favorite) and was scored at the 1" mark. Next I glued 2 magnets, making sure that the poles were correct and not opposing, to the back of the label and the end of the 3" piece of paper, being sure that the magnets lined up so that they could connect together through the page that they were holding. I used Zip Dry to glue the magnets, which I got at my local A.C. Moore. I initially tried using the roll of self-adhesive magnet, but it wasn't strong enough to hold through a sheet of paper. You could do the same project with an image mounted onto a punched out shape, such as a rectangle or circle...I made one using the large owl from PTI's Wise Owl set, adhered to a large punched out circle. It came out pretty cute!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

First Post!

Yikes! I did it. Finally started a blog and it was super easy. Now, to make the commitment to sustain it...