Sunday, August 21, 2011

PaperTrey Princess Challenge-Inspiration

Hello there all you wonderful PTI Princesses...I hope you are doing well! Sorry for my falling off the grid for the last few months, between kids, our crazy life and training for my very first marathon (I'm doing the NYC ING on November 6, 2011!!) there has been very little time for crafting...plus I have been in a terrible crafting funk...stuck making the same style card, over and over again, to the point where I haven't made anything in months. So please help me: what inspires you? Where do you turn, be it a blog, magazine, crafting website or really anything when you need a kick start for your crafting mojo? Do you keep a notebook or have a system to keep all your inspiration organized in one place? What do you do to prevent, or get out of a creative funk?

I promise, my next time around I will come up with a technique-centered challenge, complete with pictures, because I am sure my current state of crafting inactivity will be gone by then!!

6 comments:

  1. My number one source for inspiration - crafty and otherwise is Pinterest! If you haven't already, you need to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back!! I'm so excited you are running the NYC marathon. I hope your training is going well. I love scrappy blog for inspiration and my newest place for inspiration is Pinterest. It's a time sucker but oh so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you do have a lot going on! Good luck with your marathon!
    I don't often get in crafty funks, but when I do, I have a file of cards/layouts saved that I've seen online that I've saved on my computer. For ones that use PTI, I have subfolders of stamp sets that I own, so they can give me ideas on how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mariah, I think this summer has been hard for everyone. Family comes first so please don't appologize, and why not try starting an art journal. It doesn't have to be elaborate like some you see, or even messy with paint. But just pick up a book you can stamp in and color in and just stamp a page add some color and I'm betting you'll be inspiring yourself in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your marathon! I have just discovered Pinterest too and there are some gorgeous things out there. Well worth at few hours browsing.

    I also browse the PTI gallery and SCS as well as numerous blogs for ideas/inspiration and I'm a complete challenge addict so challenges always get me flowing! Sometimes I like to use bits from other people's cards, say a colour combo, or using a stamp set that hasn't seen ink for a while and then add my own twist to it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought I would link my card here for you along with the funny inspiration behind it!

    http://saffiresstamping.blogspot.com/2011/08/ive-just-found-new-challenge-blog-well.html

    ReplyDelete